Monday, August 24, 2009

Introducing Revit Architecture 2010 - BIM for Beginners

This book has been updated for 2010 and you can order it now.


If you look closely you'll my find my name listed at the bottom, "Foreword by Stephen Stafford". I was flattered when Tatjana asked if I would do it. I was excited to get my review copy just to see a little bit of "me" in print. Imagine my surprise...no foreword at all, not even in the Table of Contents. Deep sadness sets in...must find will to live...


In my role as editor for the AUGI|AEC EDGE eZine and doing technical editing for the Mastering Revit Structure 2010 book due out soon I'm becoming well aware of publishing trials and tribulations. Suffice it to say that there is no foreword for now. Now that you've decided not to rush out to buy, haha!...don't let that sway you! The book looks as good as ever and the authors remain top notch! You can also check out their other book Mastering Revit Architecture 2010. It is also available now.

[Addendum: February 3, 2010] I added a link to the sidebar at the right side of this blog if you want to read the foreword despite it being missing in the book.

[Addendum: March 27, 2010] A new run including the foreword is out now. A really nice review was posted on Mark Kiker's blog even before he knew that I had the slightest involvement with the book.

5 comments:

Dave Baldacchino said...

Haha Steve, I got the review copies about 2 weeks ago and that was the first thing I noticed!! Why don't you post the foreword out here? ;)

Steve said...

Thought about posting my copy but I don't know how much of it they were going to actually use. It was only 1,000 pages, I was trying to be brief. *-)

Steve said...

Latest word is that they plan to make the forward available online and put it back in if/when they do another print run.

Steve said...

I put a link on the sidebar for the copy they'll be posting.

Steve said...

I saw a copy of the book with my foreword inside so a new run has been made/issued. Cool!