Have you encountered this issue (and/or elevations)? By crash I mean Revit stops responding, the blue spinning wheel of death. One cause I've identified is HVAC Zones. I've been able to resolve each on so far by deleting the related zone(s) and creating the zone(s) again. I haven't figured out what is going wrong with the zones. I'm just calling it corruption for now but I have no idea if it is something I can prevent or see first yet.
Happy to hear if any readers have encountered this situation too.
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Monday, March 09, 2020
From a thread at RFO, Aaron explains what's gone wrong...
"If someone deletes a family that is also the default option for a Family Type, with that Shared Parameter: Yes, the entire parameter gets deleted. It's terrible behavior, and its been that way for years.
In case I wasnt clear: This is a known issue, and it's easily reproducible.
And yes, the instances in your project are hella broken, now."
- Take any Family that uses a Shared Family Type Parameter, that has a default value.
- Find the family in the project browser, that is the Family and Type that's in the default value.
- Delete that family from the Project Browser.
- After you've clicked *DELETE* in the warning, go back to the original Family (the parent family with the parameter).
- For JUST the types that had that default value set, that parameter is now gone.