The example paths from the Revit Clinic post are Vista\Windows 7 location conventions, not-roaming profiles. My additions are based on XP, still using it, slack about upgrading, sorry!
- UniformatClassifications.txt - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\
\Program - This file houses the Uniformat Assembly Codes, and the location is fixed; it cannot be moved or specified in a library location. Sorry this means you can't move it to a server. If you wish to edit this file in one location, it is recommended to keep a copy on a server location, and create a batch file to copy and replace the specific file on the user workstation. This file is read once at the Revit application launch.
- Revit.ini - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\
\Program - This file contains the variables, paths, recent files, worksharing paths and more for each version of Revit. For some additional tips on editing this file see one of The Revit Clinic's previous posts HERE.
- RevitKeynotes_Imperial_2004.txt - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\
\Imperial Library - This file contains the full set of keynotes, provided by Autodesk, which can be assigned to elements in their Type Properties. This file's location can be specified in the project or template, and modified under Annotate > Tag > Keynote Settings.
- Journal files - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2011\Journals - Revit creates these files as you work. Journal files capture all actions from the current Revit session. For additional information please see the four part series at The Revit Clinic: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4.
- Worksharing Log File – Central file location "..._backup" folder - The file is named after the central file, with a .SLOG extension. For worksharing-enabled projects all of the central file and user interactions are recorded in this log file. For some additional information please see the previous post HERE.
- Exportlayers-dwg-AIA.txt – C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2011 - Export Layers and Properties settings are stored in this layer mapping file. This is used when exporting a project to DWG or DGN for example. For additional information reference the Help Documentation HERE.
- UIState.dat - C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\ - Revit stores user specific customizations to the user interface such as the ribbon and quick access toolbar. For additional information see the Help documentation HERE or if you need to reset this file Click Here.
- KeyboardShortcuts.xml - C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\ - After any change is made to the User Interface and Keyboard Shortcuts, this user-specific file is created to maintain the shortcut customizations. As a rule use the Revit interface to edit your keyboard shortcuts because it is easy than trying to edit this file directly. You can copy (via a Batch File process as mentioned earlier) the file to pass the office standard shortcuts to other workstations however. For additional information reference the technical solution HERE.
- Shared Parameters Text file – User Defined - This text files stores the parameters added to families or project files. This file is not actively linked, and should never be manually edited. Additional information is available HERE. I've also posted several times about this concept, One, Two, Three, Four, Five, and Six. I've mentioned them in many others too.
- Revit Server Log Files - C:\logfiles - If using Revit Server, these log files are very useful should you run into any troubleshooting issues.
- Importlineweights-xxx.txt - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit xxx 2011\Data (XP Location) - These files are used to define how imported cad file elements are interpreted to use different lineweights within Revit. If you import cad details and the don't properly show the graphical quality you expected then you need to change the settings for the file you are actively using. There are several sample files included with Revit. You can change the file you want to reference prior to importing information. This means you can have different "rules" for different kinds of external CAD data.
- Revit.pat - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit xxx 2011\Data (XP Location) - This is the resource file that your template's have for fill patterns and use to define the patterns for each filled region. A fill pattern can be acquired from other .pat files but they do need an extra declaration of either %TYPE=MODEL or %TYPE=DRAFTING. These help Revit understand which purpose they are intended for. You can read more about this by opening the file and reading the introductory paragraphs provided in the file. A metric version is included too.
- shxfontmap.txt - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit xxx 2011\Data (XP Location) - This file tells Revit which True Type Fonts you want it to use when it encounters a .shx font in a CAD file during the import process. It is a simple text file. Just add a line the defines the .shx font you want to catch and which TTF font to use instead. Setting this may help you keep some pesky external details from having their text information stretched or compacted because .shx fonts are not supported in Revit directly.
- Add-ins - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2011 (XP Location) - If you install external applications (3rd Party Software) they should be placing information that Revit needs to run their application in this folder location. If you need to disable their software for some reason or want to create your own you should be aware of this location. You can READ a post at The Revit Clinic for some additional information.
- IFC Shared Parameters.txt - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2011\Program - Similar purpose as other Shared Parameters but for IFC export instead. I don't know why this file isn't with the other Shared Parameters.
- OmniClassTaxonomy.txt - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2011\Program (XP Location) - Similar to the Uniformat structure used for Assembly Codes, this is the file that defines the available OmniClass selections when you are creating a component/loadable family.
- Sitename.txt - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2011\Program (XP Location) - This file is the preset locations provided if you choose to pick a city for your project location. Perhaps somewhat unnecessary with the new Internet based map tool for location but you can add cities via this file.
- SiteAndWeatherStationName.txt - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2011\Program (XP Location) - Similar to previous but for Weather Stations.
Great update to the list Steve, thanks!
Great Updates...Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment