Thursday, July 17, 2008

Changing of the Guard - AUGI Revit Community

I announced my plan to retire from my AUGI Revit community forum management and moderating roles at the end of the year in this THREAD at AUGI today.

I wrote the following:

Hello All,

I am stepping down from forum management and moderating at the end of this year.

I have had my "turn at bat" so to speak and I think that it is time to give the community an opportunity to have fresh "leadership" as well as to give others a chance to dig in to volunteer in our community in a broader way.

This means we have a little less than six months to sort it out.

I don't know how to do this, it is my first time. I don't know if it should be a voting process or a selection and appointment process. This is where you all come in... We need to figure out how to do this.

Please respond in this thread with suggestions for how this change over might best be done.

We currently have the following members as voluntering in some capacity for some or all of our community forums:

Jim Balding - Links Manager
Steve Stafford - Retiring
Wes Macaulay - Wishlist Manager
David Baldacchino - Tips & Tricks Manager
James Vandezande - Community Chairperson
Mr. Spot (Chris Price) - moderator
Ski South - Moderator
Tom Weir - Moderator RST
Paul Andersen - Moderator RST
Matthew Danowski - Moderator RME (awaiting activation)

BeeGee - still assigned though technically a retired moderator
czoog - still assigned though technically a retired moderator

This is also an opportunity for our existing volunteers to revisit their own needs and plans and decide if they wish to continue on or "pass the hat" as well.

Thanks for the opportunity to serve in this capacity! I hope that I haven't overstayed my welcome and I looked forward to what new leadership brings!!


If you are a member (or should be, join then) please contribute to the thread at AUGI to help guide the transition. THANKS for the opportunity to serve!!

No comments: