Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dept. of Bugs - Revit MEP Conduit Bend Radius Uh Oh

Trying to clean up some conduit yesterday I ran into an unpleasant repeatable bug/issue/feature. In my situation I have three  vertical and horizontal conduits that have a sweep joining them, nothing special. They are using the stock conduit Family and Type: Conduit without Fittings: Rigid Nonmetallic Conduit (RNC Sch 40). If I attempt to edit the bend radius parameter in the Properties Palette, no worries. I just get this error message.


If I dare to use the Options Bar field or the Temporary Dimension that appears when the conduit sweep is selected, ouch!


[Inserted 12/30/10 - 12:00 PM] After receiving a couple messages about this, I should clarify that I'm not concerned about being able to supply a smaller radius than appropriate. I'm concerned that entering a "bad" value in the Options Bar or Temporary Dimension is generating a crash. Can't prevent someone from ever putting a bad value into those fields so a crash from the occasional mistake is still a crash.

Watch a VIDEO or video. You can listen and watch below:


As I've been mulling this over, it occurs to me that it might be related to the issue I've been having with Unresolved References and the dialog that appears but fails to finish displaying before hanging Revit out to dry. Since this dialog does the same thing it may be tied to whatever is causing that too, yuck!

No comments: