Saturday, December 07, 2013

Two Minutes with Two Kick Conduit Results

I wrote and created a video about this while Revit 2012 was current. A comment on that video asked if it still works for 2014. I find that it does but it appears to matter which direction we sketch the conduit. If we start at a horizontal conduit and sketch down to a vertical conduit we get this result. The transition from vertical to horizontal slopes up to the horizontal conduits.


If we start at a vertical conduit and sketch up to a horizontal conduit we get this result. The transition from vertical to horizontal only slopes at the sweeps of the conduit, remaining horizontal as long as the conduit can.


Your results will likely vary depending on the top elevation of the vertical conduit compared with the location of the ends of the horizontal conduits. You should note that I've assigned a bend radius in my example video. This video just contains captions, no audio. The original video contains audio that explains what I've done if you're interested.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I am trying out your methods as shown in the video, but I get something really wacky.

Unknown said...

I keep getting something wacky when I try this out. Help, please!!

Steve said...

Damian, Sorry I just reviewed these comments...have you sorted things out?