I didn't notice this when 2014 was first released but since the last two web updates Revit seems to be forgetful about the Project Browser and Properties Palette status. I find that I can work for awhile, close Revit and return to find the palette and browser aren't open. When I examine their settings via View ribbon > User Interface the check marks indicate that Revit "thinks" they are open but they aren't "there". If I "close" them by un-checking and then check them again they come back.
I do find it is less forgetful if I allow the Recent Files list to open. There is an option to disable it in the Options Dialog (User Interface section), "Enable Recent files page at startup". If I disable it however I find that the palette and browser linger on screen when I close projects and families which gives the appearance that the project is still open because it will still display information that is part of the last project.
I've visited a few clients suffering with this and have heard from friends as well. It seems related to the new dockable browser API and it's messing with a couple external applications too apparently. If you are encountering this, you aren't alone. Hopefully they'll sort it out and issue another web update or perhaps a Hotfix to sort it out sooner than later.
I do find it is less forgetful if I allow the Recent Files list to open. There is an option to disable it in the Options Dialog (User Interface section), "Enable Recent files page at startup". If I disable it however I find that the palette and browser linger on screen when I close projects and families which gives the appearance that the project is still open because it will still display information that is part of the last project.
I've visited a few clients suffering with this and have heard from friends as well. It seems related to the new dockable browser API and it's messing with a couple external applications too apparently. If you are encountering this, you aren't alone. Hopefully they'll sort it out and issue another web update or perhaps a Hotfix to sort it out sooner than later.
2 comments:
Since Ctrl-1 is already the Keyboard Shortcut to toggle the Properties dialog, I've assigned Ctrl-2 to the Project Browser.
That way, if (when) we see the problem you're talking about, we can just hit Ctrl-1, Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, Ctrl-2 to go through the Close/Open sequence.
Doesn't come close to fixing the problem, but it does make it easy to recover from.
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a solution to this yet (2015?) please?
Jimi Clarke
BIM Manager London UK
Post a Comment