Monday, December 13, 2010

Roombook for Revit - Extension via Subscription

I read with interest Erik's post this morning regarding a new extension for Revit called Roombook. According to Erik it was introduced for the German market but he says that it has been opened to a wider audience. Erik works with a reseller in the Netherlands so it would make sense that he'd know about it pretty early.

I went to check at my subscription page but don't see it listed yet. I'm certainly curious to seek what it offers so hopefully it will show up soon. Might keep an eye out for it too?

[Simon Gillis of "The Sustainable Design Toolbox" BLOG also mentioned this yesterday. I've since found out that the international release of it is still limited to Europe for the most part. The original focus of the extension was the very specific needs of the German market so they've expanded it a bit, just not far enough to cross the Atlantic. I believe they are looking into how easily it could though, no timeline.]

6 comments:

Yogesh said...

Thanks Steve...

These extensions are available only for specific region or going to available globally.

Bcoz I checked with mine subscription but it is not listed yet. :(

Yogesh said...

hey Steve...I just checked again my subscription...These extensions are available... :) :)

Steve said...

Still not in the USA though, as far as I can tell.

cadalot said...

It's about time we had some Revit Structure stuff that can be used in Europe and the UK......

Steve said...

is that "English" subtlety I detect?

Martin Schurr said...

Do you know "BuildingOne"? This program provides an Add On for Revit Architecture, Structure and MEP. BuildingOne is an roombook with an bidirectinal interface to Revit. Its made for estimate your project and quantify materials as well. More informations: http://www.onetools.de