Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Dept. of Subtle - Parameter Shuffling

As I say in the video below I may have been asleep at the wheel but I noticed this week that Revit is shuffling parameters around "differently". I put quotes around that word because I can't recall when this started to happen. I'm partially afraid that it's been doing it a long time which means I've been Rip Van Winkle.

In the video you'll see that I started with a Generic Model family template, open Family Types and type a value into the Model parameter in the Identity Data group. Then I add another and another and even create my own parameter, then rename it... all the while closing and then reopening the dialog. As soon as it opens the position of the parameter shifts around. Seems to be moving parameters that have data to the top of the pile so that empty parameters are below the rest.

I think it's pretty subtle?!?


2 comments:

Ben May said...

Just checked and it happens in 2010 WU2 as well.

Cant believe I never noticed this either. Because it actually follows the display in the family editor when you load into the project.

Very strange!

Erik said...

Geesh, whatever happened to just plain alphabetical? I know kids these days have a different focus to their education than I did, but I'm pretty sure the ABC's are in there somewhere...