Sunday, September 13, 2009

Curtain Wall Louvers or How to Avoid Arrays

I think that Phil Read is the first person I saw reveal this technique many years ago now, probably at Autodesk University but it may have been at AUGI in a thread, I just don't remember now.


The essence of this tip is using a curtain wall type to define a series of mullions that pose as louvers. The special curtain wall type is then swapped out for other panels in a larger host curtain wall. The mullions are defined as new types as well, one for a louver and one for the perimeter framing if necessary. It is important to use the Empty Panel for the Default Panel parameter so that there are no panels in the louver curtain wall, just mullions. I posted a VIDEO and you can listen and watch here now if you prefer.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I think you had explain this awsome tip too fast! Perhaps you should remake the video with more detail. I would aprecciate! Tanks and congratulations for the blog.

Architect said...

Clear and concise video. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

almost 3 years later...and I just used this video. Thanks for posting it. I had to bring in an empty panel from a project that I started without a template (thanks AUGI), but other than that this was easy to do.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, thank you so much for teaching the trick.