Recently, we have had several reports of this error happening in 2011, and in most cases, neither of these recommendations have fixed the problem. Generally, this error is a result of a 3rd-party DLL not being registered properly when installing Revit MEP 2011.
These are the steps to manually register the DLL, which should clear the above error:
- Click on Start…Run
- Type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit MEP 2011\Program\ASHRAEDUCTDLL.dll" in the window
- Click OK
A dialog box indicating that the DLL was registered successfully should appear. If not, please proceed to the steps below.
- Click on Start…Programs..Accessories
- Right-click on Command Prompt
- Select Run as…
- Select Administrator
- In the command prompt, type CD \ to get back to the root of C:
- Type cd Program Files\Autodesk\Revit MEP 2011\Program
- Type regsvr32 “ASHRAEDUCTDLL.dll"
After confirming that the DLL registered successfully, launch Revit MEP to confirm that the error no longer appears.