Thursday, March 07, 2013

Suppress Spaces Revisited

In Revit 2012 (wrote about this earlier) we had the ability to shrink imperial dimension values a bit.



The upper dimension shows what 2012 did when Suppress Spaces was checked. The bottom shows unchecked. In 2013 we lose that. In my earlier post I missed/forgot that Ryan responded explaining what changed. Rats, I don't like the change, I want my old suppress spaces back by golly! This is what we get now (using my best Craig Ferguson accent, "It makes littul sense tah meee").


6 comments:

Erik said...

Booooooo.... Hiiiiiissssss.....

jazz said...

just another good reason to switch to metric... :)

Steve said...

Yes indeed, I propose we revolt against the tyranny of imperial dimensions!,

Erik said...

Before you figure it out on your own,
If you go in to the "Units Format" dialog and suppress them there, It behaves as before. And it seems that the Type "Suppress Spaces" has NO EFFECT whatsoever.

Steve said...

Suppress Spaces only affects the prefix or suffix now

Steve said...

See new post tomorrow morning, override dimension style and you can suppress dimension value spaces, suppress spaces in the properties dialog controls prefix and suffix position relative to the dimension value.