Their press release includes this quote from Marc Dulude CEO, Rand Worldwide.
"Scan to BIM addresses an expanding market opportunity for 3D laser scanning and building information modeling," says Marc Dulude, CEO, Rand Worldwide. "The economic climate, coupled with sustainable focused legislation has ignited a dramatic increase in renovation and reuse of existing buildings around the globe. Cost effective as-built data acquisition is vital to planning and design for firms updating existing infrastructure. Scan to BIM makes acquiring and importing this critical information a great deal easier and faster."
From their product website:
Scan to BIM Key Features Include:
- Manage multiple projects
- Import industry-standard formats (PTS and PTX)
- View the point cloud inside Revit based on color, intensity or elevation
- Visualize faster slices of the point cloud based on your current Revit view or other options
- Assist with creation of Revit elements:
- Automated creation of Walls, Windows, Pipe, and Round Duct
- Construction geometry to assist with other element types
- Workflow-based tools to help set up and work on your model with the point cloud
- Measure points within your scan to quickly find true dimensions
- Visualize accuracy by comparing the Revit model against the point cloud
- Provide accurate as-built BIM documentation on renovation and retrofit projects
Read the Full Press Release
Visit the Scan to BIM site
Watch a Video about it (It wouldn't work for me unfortunately)
Check it out!