Monday, November 28, 2022

Snap Option - Mid Between 2 Points

When this new snap option appeared in Revit 2022.1 it was a LONG time coming. Not being able to snap to place something between two point has annoyed many a user for years. My problem is remembering it exists now. I've been using it quite a bit lately so perhaps the habit will stick. While it never really bothered me that it wasn't available I'm quite happy to have it now.

If my memory serves me it wasn't built into AutoCAD initially, perhaps an Express Tools addition? Regardless it does help speed up a common task!

Haven't noticed or used it yet? It's just a right click away while many tasks are in process, such as sketching a line, wall, or sketch segment. It's also useful for placing components. Check it out.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree. Note that if you are into using keyboard shortcuts, it's 'S2' FTW.

pieter said...

I love this new feature, use it all the time! I use the S2 shortcut as well.