Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dept. of Subtle - Design Ribbon

I don't know about you but I'm having a tough time purging the language I've been using for many years now. Two in particular...Design Bar and Save to Central. In class I keep catching myself saying "Design Bar". When I'm doing better I catch it before I say it but there is still, occasionally, a pause where I intentionally avoid saying it which results in a slower more deliberate ...Riiibbbbbaaaahn. The switch from Save to Central to Synchronize with Central isn't a huge departure but it seems just a little harder to say and I find myself struggling, at times, to say it instead.

I may just starting calling the Ribbon the "Design Ribbon" instead of the Design Bar...since that's what it really is? A compromise? If I can say "Design" it may help or at least I'll feel better 8-). Overanout!

1 comment:

Revit Implementation said...

Also find myself saying..."If you're in the Instance properties and you want to get to type, click on Edit/New" to which the class usually groans..errr ?edit type?.