Thursday, December 12, 2019

Rename View Click Twice - Wish I Could Turn That Off

Title says enough? I'm sick of getting to rename a view when I really mean to open it. I must be losing my double clicking mojo...

If possible add it to the existing Double Click behavior options? Pretty please?

That was quick!! My wish is already granted: See Michael's comment for the Revit.ini code that provides my wish. Thanks Michael!

Edit: I changed both ini files for Revit 2020.2 and it doesn't disable the renaming behavior...so wish not granted, unless I'm doing it wrong.

3 comments:

Michael Ruehr said...

EnableRenameOnSlowDoubleClickByDefault
Allows you to rename a view, schedule, sheet, or group with a slow double-click in the Project Browser. (A fast double-click opens it; a slow double-click renames it.)

This feature is turned on by default. To disable renaming with a slow double-click, add the setting to the [Misc] section and set it to 0 (zero).

Type = integer

Valid values: 0 = disable, 1 = enable (default)

Steve said...

Excellent! Wish granted, cheers Michael. I missed that one.

Steve said...

I must be doing something wrong, it doesn't make any difference using the .INI switch.