Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Web Update 7 is Innocent

A quick follow up post. I was wrong. What I thought was caused by the update is actually caused by the Snap setting Snap to Remote Objects being off.

I must admit it is a bit mystifying since I never turn it off or at least I can't remember I time when I wanted to nor do I remember doing so. Regardless when support gurus Trey and Danny challenged me with their questions I found it was off.

Fwiw, I'd prefer that it didn't impact grid and level placement editing behavior regardless.

At least it prompted me to deal with a couple hours of windoze updates I'd been postponing.

2 comments:

Brian Mackey said...

I totally forgot about that setting. I did have a similar thing happen a few years back and took me a few days to figure it out. Thanks for the reminder!

Steve said...

I sure don't remember turning off, never even think to do so. I don't even remember the last time I altered the Snaps settings at all other than showing trainees the dialog exists.