From a Revit MEP or Structure perspective getting a project started, without delving into subtlety, should look something like this.
- Link the architecture model - Auto - Origin to Origin
- Examine an elevation - Make sure your levels match theirs (it's also helpful to get a better sense of the scope vertically)
- Use Copy/Monitor to create (levels you don't have) and watch the levels for coordination (optional but a good idea)
- Room Bounding (MEP) - The arch link has a Type Parameter called Room Bounding, this should be checked if/when you are using Spaces
- Create views for each level after you've made sure yours match theirs
- Repeat this for each discipline, HVAC, Plumbing etc...
- Phases between files should be mapped (same place as Room Bounding, and to truly work they need the same names too)
- If you need your own grids to adjust how your documents look - use Copy/Monitor to get a watched set of your own grids