Friday, October 08, 2010

Introducing Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011 is Available

I got an email today from a friend letting me know that my book arrived today. I say my because the book is Patrick Davis' project. Charlie Busa, Beau Turner and I contributed chapters to the book earlier in the year. I was a bit surprised to get asked to contribute considering a few years ago I bailed out on Willem and Wiley/Sybex. No hard feelings retained, lucky me! I haven't mentioned it until now because I'm slack and I lost track of where it stood in the publishing process.


This book is meant to be a lighter text than the heavier (literally) Mastering Revit Architecture 2011 book, its bigger brother. Here's a few details:

ISBN: 978-0-470-64971-8
Paperback
544 pages
Listed Price: $49.99 USD (Wiley site price)

If you'd like to see a bit more of the book you can review the following:
Author Information
Table of Contents
Description
Downloads

Excerpts (PDF):
Contents
Chapter 1
Index

Speaking for myself, and I imagine for the others, I sure hope that it meets the needs of people getting started with Revit!!

3 comments:

Paul F. Aubin said...

Congratulations Steve. What chapter(s) did you write?

Blue Jay said...

Congratulations! Time for a book tour! When will you be coming up to Toronto to speak at the ORUG? Somehow we conned James Vandezande to come up and we had a blast....
http://ontariorevit.blogspot.com/2010/10/sept-29th-meeting-notes.html

We are taking full credit for their best selling status...

Steve said...

Paul,
Chapters 5 - Visibility Controls
Chapter 6 - Intro to Families
Chapter 8 - Groups
Chapter 17 - Creating Families

Jay,
Thanks! No trip to Toronto planned at this time but I'd love to get back there!