Saturday, August 09, 2008

Revit 2009.1 in September

A couple of reseller blogs that I've read over the last couple days, Who's Afraid of the Big Bad BIM and Revit 3D have announced that there will be a point release in September-ish that will bundle AutoCAD/AutoCAD Architecture and Revit. While that might be nice for some or many firms I myself am a bit concerned that I will now get a bill from Subscription for two software versions that I don't use in addition to the one I do, Revit. I presently pay for the AutoCAD/Revit Suite and while I don't really mind paying the additional money to have AutoCAD kicking around I really don't need or want the other and definitely don't want to pay for it too. So off to the reseller to clarify this new news...

3 comments:

Erik said...

I hope that I can clarify a couple of things. First, my blog "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad BIM?" has no connection to my employer (an Autodesk Reseller.) I want to make this clear because some reseller's do have Blogs. My blog is a place for me to talk about BIM and not just solutions provided by Autodesk. Second,it is my uderstanding that there is no extra charge for the inclusion of ACA to the ACAD REVIT Suite to SUBSCRIPTION CUSTOMERS. As far as whether or not the cost will go up in the future, or if the subscription rate will be more, I really don't know. I'm on the technical side of things. I would contact your reseller for clarifcation.

I also want to say that you have one of the best REVIT blogs around Steve. Thanks for taking the time and thanks for the time you have spent involved with AUGI.

Erik said...

Oh, and thanks for the link. I didn't see that at first. Maybe you could move me to the BIM blogs category?

coreed said...

my re-seller ditto-ed what Erik said